The purpose of advocacy is to contribute to a smoother assertion of rights for asylum seekers, refugees and other migrants, on an individual and systemic level. At the systemic level, we actively strive for suitable legislature and practice in the field of migration. We cooperate in preparing legislative propositions and comments on proposed changes to the existing legislature with other NGOs that work in the field of migration. We actively strive for suitable integration measures for persons with international protection and migrants of other statuses in Slovenia.
Cooperation in work groups at national an EU level:
- The National Working Group on Combating Trafficking in Human Beings – Franci Zlatar, Aida Hadžiahmetović, Marina Uzelac
- Sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) working group – Aida Hadžiahmetović
- Coordination of NGOs working in the field of asylum and refugees – Franci Zlatar
- Interdepartmental working group for the establishment of a systemic form of accommodation and care for unaccompanied minors – Marina Uzelac
- Section of organizations in the field of integration of migrants, Social Chamber of Slovenia – Franci Zlatar
- European Guardianship Network (EGN) – Marina Uzelac